Assistance available for communities affected by the 2021 Eastern Australia
storms and floods
Find out more about the assistance available in your area at
People, councils, businesses and primary producers in 64 New South Wales and 12 Queensland local government areas will receive support following the extensive damage caused by storms and flooding across Eastern Australia.
Through the joint Australian and State Government Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangement (DRFA), a range of ways are now available to help people get back on their feet and support councils with the clean-up and repairs to infrastructure. Full details are available on the Disaster Assist website.
People in New South Wales may also be eligible to apply for the Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment and Australian Government Disaster Recovery Allowance. To find out about all the assistance available to you in your area, visit Recovery Connect.
Coordinator-General for Drought and Flood, the Hon Shane Stone, AC QC has been asked to lead the Australian Government’s support for the ongoing recovery and resilience of communities – you can read more here.
Eligible Local Government Areas
New South Wales
- Bega Valley
- Blue Mountains
- Central Coast
- Clarence Valley
- Coffs Harbour
- Glen Innes Severn
- Inner West
- Lake Macquarie
- Liverpool Plains
- Moree Plains
- Nambucca Valley
- Northern Beaches
- Port Macquarie-Hastings
- Port Stephens
- Richmond Valley
- The Hills
- Gold Coast
- Lockyer Valley
- Moreton Bay
- Scenic Rim
- Southern Downs
New South Wales
- For information on personal hardship and distress assistance, contact Service NSW on 13 77 88.
- To apply for a concessional loan or grant, contact the NSW Rural Assistance Authority on 1800 678 593 or visit the NSW Rural Assistance Authority website
- Further information on disaster assistance is available on the Service NSW website.
- Further information on disaster assistance is available on the Queensland Reconstruction Authority website.
Other useful information
- Bureau of Meteorology www.bom.gov.au
- Australian Government’s Disaster Assist website at www.disasterassist.gov.au
- For flood or storm emergency assistance call the State Emergency Service on 132 500 or visit https://www.ses.nsw.gov.au/
- Emergency radio broadcasts: ABC local radio
- In an emergency, call Triple Zero (000)
- The best place for people to find out about all the Australian Government assistance available in their area, visit Recovery Connect